Would you love to do the Wicklow Round but feel it’s beyond your reach? Would you like to recce the route, but at a leisurely no-stress pace?
Happy Out Adventures is super excited to announce an exclusive Wicklow Round recce Friday 2nd – Sunday 4th October 2020. We’re breaking the route in three, navigating on your behalf and traveling it at your pace. Note this is not an official Wicklow Round attempt, but a chance to head out on the route for three days with experienced mountain-running guides to see what it ultimately takes.
Day 1 Meeting Location: Kippure Track (Wicklow Round start) at 7.30 am. Note there is no available parking at this area, so transport required to drop and leave.
Day 2 Meeting Location: Drumgoff Crossroads / Glenmalure Lodge at 9am.
Day 3 Meeting Location: Glenmacnass Waterfall Carpark at 7.30 am.
Think it’s beyond your reach?
Well, if you want to cover the whole route during three days, we’ll help you do that. If you want to just recce parts of the route over the three days, we can also facilitate.
What’s more, you’ll be divided into small groups and accompanied by Wicklow Round finishers, Moire O’Sullivan and Paul Mahon. They’ll be there with you throughout the day to chat about the route, nutrition, pacing and no doubt tell you about how their own Rounds went. A perfect chance to see if an official Wicklow Round attempt is right for you.
Price is for guiding. It does not cover accommodation, transport, maps, compasses, trail food or drinks, or any mountain-running gear hire.This is due to ongoing coronavirus restrictions.
Book now for this unique mountain-running experience through the majestic Wicklow Mountains with some of Ireland’s top mountain runners!
What to Bring Along
- Mountain running shoes – good grips are essential.
- Your mountain-running kit is mandatory (If you don’t have these, you can’t go on the mountain with our guides – no questions asked):
- Waterproof coat with hood
- Waterproof trousers
- Emergency bivvy bag
- Extra fleece layer
- East-West Wicklow Mountain Maps – Dublin and North Wicklow Mountains, Wicklow Mountains West, and Lugnaquilla & Glendalough.
- Clothing that will keep you warm and dry – there could be some standing around plus weather in October can be cold/wet, so a couple of layers would be good.
- Snacks and drinks for the hills.
Any questions about this event, just get in touch!
Note that this weekend is weather dependent. If there are adverse weather warnings, this weekend of subject to date change or cancellation – such is the nature of the hills!