Want to learn how to train properly so that you can run up and down hills? Want to learn how to descend at speed? Want to meet some of the world’s top mountain runners and learn directly from them? Then this is the perfect course for you.
Happy Out Adventures is proud to work with Lake District based Missing Link Coaching to provide a one-day masterclass in the Mournes on mountain running training and technique. We’re super excited to be working together with amazing inov-8 ambassador, the ultra-running legend Paul Tierney who smashed the Wainwrights record in 2019. He is the one who know how to run up and down mountains at speed!
Meeting Location: Meelmore Lodge, 52 Trassey Road, Bryansford.
TIme: 9.30am to 5pm
Throughout the day, we’ll look at areas like:
- How to improve your uphill and downhill running technique.
- Improving your running efficiency.
- Reducing your risk of injury.
- Providing a range of technique and conditioning drills.
- Your choice of footwear and foot function.
- How to structure your training to achieve your performance goals.
- How to strike a balance between training intensity and recovery.
- Training specific to goal events/races.
What to Bring Along
- Mountain running shoes – good grips are essential as we will be on steep, muddy terrain at times.
- Your Fell Running Association (FRA) mountain-running kit is mandatory namely:
- Waterproof coat with hood
- Waterproof trousers
If you don’t have these, you can’t go on the mountain with our instructors – no questions asked.
- Clothing that will keep you warm and dry – there’ll be quite a bit of standing around while feedback is given so a couple of layers would be good.
- Snacks and drinks for the hills.
- Your own light lunch between the morning and afternoon sessions.
The course cost covers guiding and tuition, but does not include any accommodation or meals, giving you the flexibility to choose your own.
Note that there will be a break for lunch at Meelmore Lodge around 1pm between the morning and afternoon session, so please bring along your own food for that break. Meals can also be purchased at the on-site Meelmore Lodge Bistro if you prefer. A basic kitchen and kettle is also at available to prepare tea and coffee if required.
Any questions about this new and exciting course, just get in touch!