Want to recce parts of Cassie’s Challenge but you’re not sure what the route is? Want to know tricks of the trade about lines between summits, about arranging support on the day of your attempt, about how to pace yourself through? Happy Out Adventures is here to help.
You’ll be guided by Cassie’s Challenge completer and current female record holder, Moire O’Sullivan, who is also a qualified Mountain Leader.
Location: Mourne Mountains, Start and Finish Location depending on stage(s) run.
- Stage 1 – Annalong to Bloody Bridge.
- Stage 2 – Bloody Bridge to Newcastle.
- Stage 3 – Newcastle to Ben Crom Dam.
- Stage 4 – Ben Crom Dam to Ott Carpark.
- Stage 5 – Ott Carpark to Sandbank Road.
- Stage 6 – Sandbank Road to Deer’s Meadow.
- Stage 7 – Deer’s Meadow to Annalong.
Time: At a time or date that suits you.
What to Wear and Bring
- Fell Running Association (FRA) mountain running kit – fell-running shoes, whistle, waterproof coat with hood, waterproof trousers, hat and gloves in a bumbag are a minimum.
- Map and Compass – We’ll be using the Harveys Mourne Mountains 1:25000 map.
- Food and drink for out on the mountain.
- Spare clothes for after run.
- Facemask if transport is required.
Just get in contact and we can arrange to run on a day and time that suits you best!
Please note that, so that we can get everyone’s medical and emergency contact details, only one place can be purchased at a time i.e. If you are buying three places, you’ll have to make three separate payments. We apologise for the inconvenience but want to make sure we’re all safe and sound out there!