Are you a road runner who wants to try something new? Have you raced on forest trails, but want to go totally wild and go off the beaten track? Have you looked at the Northern Ireland Mountain Running Association’s website and salivated, but have no idea where to start?
This half-day course for beginners, based in the Mourne Mountains, will give you a good dose of skills to help you begin your epic mountain running journey. You’ll go away knowing more about:
- How to use a map and compass, with basic techniques of how to use them out and about on the hills.
- What kind of clothing and equipment you need to bring out to be safe out there.
- What to eat and drink to help keep you going on your run.
- Where to find races and how to enter races that might inspire you.
- How to find like-minded groups that you could run with.
This is definitely not a training day, so don’t worry if you think you’re ‘too slow’. We’ll be mostly walking, maybe do a bit of downhill running, but mostly its about getting used to being out on the mountain terrain.
This course is currently under development, launching in April 2019. If you’re interested, please do get in contact and we can arrange a time and date that suits you.